The System Basis Chip (SBC) market has been experiencing steady growth driven by the increasing complexity of modern vehicles and industrial systems. SBCs are integral components in these applications, providing power management and communication solutions. The automotive sector is a major driver of SBC demand, as vehicles become more reliant on electronics for functions like power distribution, communication, and safety systems. Additionally, the industrial sector relies on SBCs for control and monitoring in various applications such as factory automation and robotics. Key players in this market include NXP Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies, Renesas Electronics, and STMicroelectronics, among others. Emerging trends include reducing power consumption, increasing integration, and improving communication capabilities. However, manufacturers must navigate regulatory compliance and intense competition.
Market Size and Growth:
Based on PMRs projections, the worldwide System Basis Chip market is anticipated to achieve a value of $28.4 billion in 2023, with expectations of reaching $62 billion by 2033, exhibiting a consistent annual growth rate of 8.1%.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Infineon Technologies
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- Onsemiconductor Corp.
- Microchip Technology
- Melexis N.V.
- Elmos Semiconductor AG.
- Automotive Electronics Advancements: The increasing complexity of automotive electronics, driven by trends such as electrification, autonomous driving, and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), is a significant driver for the SBC market. SBCs play a crucial role in managing and distributing power efficiently in modern vehicles.
- Industrial Automation: The industrial sectors growing adoption of automation, robotics, and Industry 4.0 initiatives is boosting the demand for SBCs. These chips are essential for controlling and monitoring industrial machinery and processes, contributing to improved efficiency and productivity.
- Rising Connectivity Requirements: The need for enhanced connectivity in both automotive and industrial applications is propelling the SBC market. With the increasing demand for in-vehicle infotainment systems and IoT devices in industrial settings, SBCs facilitate seamless communication and data exchange.
- Energy Efficiency and Emission Reduction: As the automotive industry focuses on reducing energy consumption and emissions, SBCs are employed to optimize power management in electric and hybrid vehicles, contributing to improved energy efficiency.
- Stringent Safety Standards: Stringent safety and reliability standards in the automotive and industrial sectors require advanced control and monitoring systems. SBCs are instrumental in ensuring compliance with these standards, making them an indispensable component in safety-critical applications.
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: The rapid expansion of electric and hybrid vehicle adoption provides a significant opportunity for SBCs. As these vehicles become more mainstream, the demand for SBCs in power management, battery control, and communication systems is expected to grow substantially.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS): The increasing integration of ADAS features in vehicles opens doors for SBCs to support sensor fusion, connectivity, and power distribution for these safety and automation functions.
- Connected Cars: With the rise of connected cars, SBCs can play a pivotal role in enabling secure and efficient data transfer, infotainment, and over-the-air updates, offering opportunities for innovation and growth in the automotive sector.
- 5G and V2X Communication: The rollout of 5G networks and the development of vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communication systems create opportunities for SBCs to facilitate high-speed, low-latency communication, enhancing vehicle safety and connectivity.
- Industrial IoT (IIoT): In the industrial sector, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is on the rise. SBCs can contribute to efficient automation, monitoring, and data collection in smart factories, enabling cost savings and improved productivity.
- Supply Chain Disruptions: The SBC market, like the broader semiconductor industry, has been impacted by supply chain disruptions, including shortages of critical components. Ensuring a stable supply chain and managing procurement challenges is a persistent challenge.
- Rapid Technological Advancements: Keeping pace with rapid technological advancements and ensuring that SBCs remain compatible with evolving automotive and industrial standards can be a considerable challenge for manufacturers.
- Safety and Reliability Standards: Meeting stringent safety and reliability standards, particularly in automotive applications, requires substantial investment in design, testing, and compliance. Any failure to meet these standards can have serious consequences.
- Regulatory Compliance: Adhering to changing regulatory requirements, including those related to emissions, data privacy, and cybersecurity, poses an ongoing challenge for SBC manufacturers, necessitating continuous adaptation and investment.
- Competition: The SBC market is highly competitive, with numerous established players and emerging entrants vying for market share. Staying ahead of the competition through innovation and cost-effectiveness is a persistent challenge.
- Integration Complexity: The demand for increased integration and miniaturization within SBCs adds complexity to design and manufacturing. Ensuring that these integrated components work seamlessly can be challenging.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2032 – By Product Type, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa): https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/market-research/system-basic-chip-market.asp
Market Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Infineons Acquisition of Cypress Semiconductor: In 2019, Infineon Technologies, a major player in the SBC market, acquired Cypress Semiconductor, a leader in embedded solutions, including microcontrollers and connectivity solutions. This acquisition aimed to strengthen Infineons portfolio in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets by expanding its product offerings and capabilities.
- NXPs Acquisition of Marvells Connectivity Business: In 2019, NXP Semiconductors acquired the connectivity solutions business of Marvell Technology Group. This acquisition bolstered NXPs position in the automotive and industrial markets by enhancing its wireless connectivity and networking capabilities, aligning with the increasing demand for connected applications.
- Renesas Acquisition of Dialog Semiconductor: Renesas Electronics, a key SBC manufacturer, announced its acquisition of Dialog Semiconductor in 2021. This acquisition aimed to broaden Renesas product portfolio, particularly in power management and low-power technologies, to cater to a broader range of applications, including automotive and industrial.
- STMicroelectronics Acquisitions: STMicroelectronics, another significant player in the SBC market, engaged in various acquisitions, including acquisitions of software and semiconductor companies that complement its SBC offerings. These acquisitions aimed to enhance STMicroelectronics capabilities in power management, connectivity, and security solutions.
- ON Semiconductors Acquisition of Fairchild Semiconductor: In 2016, ON Semiconductor acquired Fairchild Semiconductor, a move that expanded ON Semiconductors portfolio in power management and semiconductor technologies, aligning with the growing demand for efficient power management solutions in the automotive and industrial sectors.
- Vertical Integration: Vertical integration within the automotive and industrial sectors may drive more M&A activity. Companies looking to have greater control over their supply chain and technology stack may consider acquiring SBC manufacturers to ensure seamless integration of components into their products.
- Strategic Partnerships: Collaborative ventures and strategic partnerships may gain prominence. Rather than full acquisitions, companies might opt for partnerships with SBC manufacturers to co-develop specialized solutions for their specific needs.
- Entry of New Players: As the demand for SBCs continues to grow, new entrants, including tech giants and startups, may enter the market through mergers and acquisitions to quickly gain a foothold and leverage their expertise in connectivity and IoT.
- Cross-Industry Collaboration: Given the convergence of automotive, industrial, and technology sectors, we might see cross-industry collaborations and acquisitions. Tech companies may partner with automotive manufacturers to develop SBCs that cater to both automotive and IoT applications.
- Focus on AI and Data Processing: With the increasing role of artificial intelligence and data processing in vehicles and industrial systems, SBC manufacturers with expertise in these areas may be attractive acquisition targets for companies aiming to enhance their AI capabilities.
- Environmental and Sustainability Focus: Companies committed to sustainability and environmental responsibility might consider acquisitions of SBC manufacturers that specialize in energy-efficient and eco-friendly solutions to align with their corporate values.
Key questions that a report on the Thin Client Market should address include:
- What is the current market size and growth rate of the System Basis Chip Market ?
- What are the regional dynamics and growth opportunities?
- What are the opportunities for new market entrants?
- Who are the key players in the market and what are their strategies?
About Persistence Market Research:
Business intelligence is the foundation of every business model employed by Persistence Market Research. Multi-dimensional sources are being put to work, which include big data, customer experience analytics, and real-time data collection. Thus, working on “micros” by Persistence Market Research helps companies overcome their “macro” business challenges.
Persistence Market Research is always way ahead of its time. In other words, it tables market solutions by stepping into the companies’/clients’ shoes much before they themselves have a sneak pick into the market. The pro-active approach followed by experts at Persistence Market Research helps companies/clients lay their hands on techno-commercial insights beforehand, so that the subsequent course of action could be simplified on their part.
Persistence Market Research
U.S. Sales Office:
305 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York City, NY 10007
USA Canada Toll-Free: 800-961-0353
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Brite View Research journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.